You are here
Introducing The TUBE – a new gastric calibration device
Bariatric Solution has introduced a gastric calibration tube specifically for the use in sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass and mini gastric bypass. According to the company, current gastric calibration tubes have several limitations including kinking, damage to the mucosa and difficulty steering. However, The Tube eliminates these shortcomings with several enhancements to the device that improve its performance.
“As we are in the operating room quite regularly to support the use of our products, we see more often than not that various gastric calibration tubes do not perform well,” said Arno van der Veek, Managing Director, Bariatric Solutions. “This new gastric calibration device - The Tube - was developed with these current device limitations in mind and we believe the new enhancements of The Tube will give surgeons confidence when carrying out bariatric procedures, such as a sleeve gastrectomy."
The Tube offers:
- A silicone tube which is temperature stable and does not become floppy
- cm markings allowing for correct placement of the TUBE, allowing the surgeon to instruct the anaesthesist precisely as to how much to advance or pull back the tube
- 6 small holes preventing suction damage to the mucosa
- Soft conical radiopaque tip preventing tissue damage, mixed with barium sulphate, so visible on X-ray
- Clip to close the TUBE while performing leak test
- A special syringe Luer connector which allows for easy placement of the large syringe with methylene blue
- Available in 32, 34, 36, 38, 40Fr, and colour coded
“The Tube is specifically listed for use as a calibration device for sleeve gastrectomy and (mini) bypass. Many other tubes are not, making the user liable when an incident with the tube takes place, like damage to the stomach or oesophagus,” he added. “The Tube will indeed bring surgeons to Pylorus station without any problems, just ‘mind the gap’ between the platform and the station!”
If you would like to try the Tube, please let Bariatric Solutions know here and they will send you The Tube to try, free of charge.
To learn more about The Tube, please click here
The TUBE comes in boxes of 12 and can be ordered here
Disclaimer: This device is not approved for sale in the United States of America, Canada or Japan.